Supermarket and grocery store ads give advertisers a bigger bang for their buck than other marketing methods. From local real estate agents, businesses with limited advertising budgets, to household name brands, supermarket advertising is the best place to reach consumers.
What Is Supermarket Advertising?
Supermarket advertising is a marketing strategy that allows brands to promote their products to shoppers while they are in a supermarket or grocery store. Examples include ad formats like shopping cart advertising, register tape advertising, placing in-store coupons near the product shelf, and on billboards at sanitizing wipes stations placed at the front of the store. There is no better way to reach customers right at the point of sale, making it a key strategy in brick-and-mortar marketing.
Benefits Of Advertising In Grocery Stores
Advertising in grocery stores is a great way for advertisers to reach their customers to increase brand awareness and influence consumer shopping behavior.
There are a few reasons that in-store advertising is so effective.
- Placement: advertisers can promote their products and influence grocery customers at the point of purchase.
- High foot traffic: Supermarkets are among the most frequently visited retailers, with most customers shopping an average of 8 times per month. Even with the increase in home delivery, supermarkets remain the most-visited retail shopping locations in the U.S.
- Targeting: 80% of supermarket shoppers live within 3 miles of the store where they shop. This allows advertisers to select stores located in neighborhoods that match the demographics of their customers.
- Advertising in a supermarket can influence consumers when and where they buy using effective POS marketing strategies, and is a great way to attract customers to new products, leading to increased sales and brand lift.
- Cost-effective: With the combined benefits of demographics, frequent ad views, and influencing buyers while they shop, advertising in a grocery store can be a very cost-effective way for businesses to catch the attention of their customers.
Overall, advertising in a grocery store can be a smart marketing strategy for brands looking to reach a targeted audience, increase brand awareness, and boost sales.
How Do You Advertise In Supermarkets?
To buy advertising in a supermarket, you need to follow these steps:
- Contact a media company like Terraboost Media that offers supermarket advertising solutions.
- Determine who you want your ad to reach. Be prepared to share geographic, demographic and psychographic information about your customers.
- Set your budget: Determine how much you can afford to spend on advertising and work with the advertising team to create a package that fits within your budget.
- Decide what you want shoppers to do when they see the ad in their local supermarket. You can also include a QR code to drive traffic to a webpage with more information about your product.
- Create your advertisement: Work with the advertising team to create your advertisement. It’s important that your advertising campaign displays the right message and graphics to appeal to your audience.
- Launch your campaign: Once your advertisement is ready, the media company will launch according to the agreed-upon schedule.
- Tracking: The key to any successful campaign is tracking effectiveness and measuring ROI.
How Much Does It Cost To Advertise In A Supermarket?
Advertising in a supermarket is surprisingly affordable! It’s a great advertising tool for businesses with advertising limited budgets, small businesses, or for large brands looking to reach grocery shoppers. Terraboost Media delivers guaranteed engagement media at scale, with CPMs a fraction of the cost versus traditional media. It is also one of the most effective forms of supermarket advertising.
For example, advertising on a sanitizing wipe station at the front of the store ranges from as little as $50 to $200 per month, depending on the number of billboards purchased and the length of the campaign. That pricing is for 4 square feet of full color ad space that 80% of shoppers will engage with.
Advertise In Over 12,000 Supermarkets And Grocery Stores
Terraboost Media has more than 43,000 sanitizing wipe billboards delivering 4.5 billion impressions every month in more than 12,000 supermarkets across the U.S, including Kroger, Albertsons, Safeway, Food Lion. We’ve helped advertisers reach their audiences nationally, regionally, and locally with location selections that matter most to their businesses. We reach more than 280 million customers across the US daily, and 47% of shoppers have unaided advertising recall, and 94% have a positive brand opinion of the company sponsoring wellness and health by providing sanitizing wipes.
Want to know more about how supermarket advertising can help your brand? Get in touch with us.